It may be that your treeview contains a large number of nodes; if so, the size of the request when filtering may exceed the default limits set.
To increase the limit, make a change to bindings.config, found in the web installation folder for DataPA Enterprise (normally c:\inetpub\wwwroot\datapa).
Find the section <webHttpBinding>, add a property named maxReceivedMessageSize and increase its value (from the default of 65536 bytes) in small increments, until you no longer receive the error, e.g.:
Beware that, if you have DataPA on a public web server (that is, available over the internet), you should not increase this value to any more than required as large values increase the risk of a Denial of Service (DoS) attack on your server.
The specifc size of the erroring request can be found as follows. The following instructions are for Google Chrome, but other browsers are similar:
- Open DataPA Enterprise in your browser and go to your dashboard.
- Press F12 to open the browser's Dev Tools, and then go to the Network tab
- In DataPA Enterprise, attempt the filter that fails
- You should see an entry for EnterpriseInfo.svc that fails with the code 413 - select this.
- Amongst the Request Headers is "Content-Length" - the value of maxReceivedMessageSize above should be at least a little larger than this value.