Applicable Versions: 6.00.0095 and above
An assembly has been created and added to the installation that allows the simple creation of an Open API query to analyse the agent log file. Before you can analyse the log file, you must ensure agent usage logging is enabled on your server. Follow the steps below to do this;
- Open the Server Settings screen
- Click on the Logging tab.
- Make sure the Enable agent usage logging option is selected.
Once agent usage logging is turned on and there has been some usage of DataPA Enterprise, a log file will be created in the [ApplicationData]\DataPA directory called DataPAEnterpriseAgent.log. To create a dashboard to monitor this data, follow these steps;
- Open the Dashboard Designer on the server.
- Select File-->Create a New Dashboard
- Press Next in the query wizard until you get to the screen asking for a query name and description.
- Give you query a name and description.
- Press Next and select Open API Query as the Query Type
- Enter DataPA.Utils.LogAnalysis.AgentLogFile as the Class Name, and leave the Configuration String blank (you can enter the fully qualified path name to the log file here if it is not in the default location).
- Press Next and Finish.
This will return a data set that gives details of log file usage. To find out the maximum number of agents used at any one time, do the following;
- Drag a new Headline object on tio your dashboard
- On the data tab, select Agents in use for the Value gauge will display setting, and Maximum for the summary type.
- On the Appearance tab, enter Max agents used as the title.
To find out on which day of the week the maximum number of agents used was at its highest, follow these steps;
- Drag a Line Chart on to your dashboard
- On the data tab, select date for the On Change of column
- Press Group Options, select By Day of the Week as the Group Date option and press OK.
- Add Agents in use as the summary column, select Maximum as the summary operation and press OK.