Applicable Versions: 6.0 and upwards.
DataPA user authentication can now be configured to directly retrieve users from, and authenticate against, your Active Directory.
In Server Settings, under Access Security, you can select Active Directory as one of the options for "Validate users from".
The parameters are
- The username of a domain user with permission to search Active Directory.
- The password for the above user.
- The name of the domain on which you wish to search (this is not required if you only have one domain)
- The Path specifies the Domain Controller(s) (DC) for the above domain, separated by commas (e.g. DC=MYDOMAIN, DC=local)
- A list of the names of the Groups in which you want to retrieve users, separated by commas e.g. Managers, Marketing, Sales