Applicable Versions: 5.50.0000 Onwards
The Detail of the error is :-
The server at padrilldown.aspx can't be found because the DNS look-up failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing Google Chrome from accessing the network.
This is a known issue that arises in Chrome, it does not appear in Internet Explorere or Firefox.
The issue relates to the Chrome pdf viewer. A workaround exists using the following steps
A. Enable NPAPI plugins
A recent change in Chrome results in the need to enable NPAAPI plugins usinf the following steps
- Open Chrome.
- In the address bar at the top of the screen, type chrome://flags/#enable-npapi
- In the window that opens, click the link that says Enable under the Enable NPAPI flag:
- In the cbottom-left corner of the page, click the Relaunch Now button.
B. Enable the Adobe Reader plugin
- Open Chrome.
- In the address bar at the top of the screen, type chrome://plugins
- In the window that opens, click the link that says Enable under the Adobe reader flag:
C. Set DataPA to disable the Chrome PDF Viewer
1. Open IIS
2. Move to the DataPA Folder
3. Select Configuration Editor
4. Select the appSettings section in the Drop-down box
5. Click on the button to the right of the Collection line
6. Select "PreventChromePDF" then change to proprties value to true.
7. Close the collection Editor window
8. Click on "Apply" to save the change
Reopen Chrome, the drill down should now be operational.